Monday, June 15, 2015

Trust

So there’s this one word that has been on my mind a lot lately.
It’s a word that some of us have a really hard time doing.
And for others, it is really quite simple. 
The word is Trust. 

Someone has probably said it to you before.
“Just trust me.” “I trust you.” “You are very trustworthy.” “I just can’t trust her.”

But my question lately has been, 
I say that I trust you, but do I really

You see, I’m going to be a junior this year. (fun, fun)
A lot of people, by junior year, know exactly where they want to go to college, know exactly what they want to study, etc. But for me? I just have no idea! I just want to....live, ya know? Like not worry about the next five years, and just live. 
But in our culture that isn’t exactly possible. 

Your HS counselors are constantly nagging you to tell them what you are interested in, your parents are constantly asking you what schools you want to go tour, your grandparents are constantly asking you what you want your career to be, and it can all just be a little much.

I just turned sixteen, and I’m expected to have a semi-clear view of what I want to do with my life? Goodness.
I think a lot about the future. I think a lot of people do. I think about me, being the social butterfly that I’m not, not being able to make friends when I go away to school. I think about hating my major and changing it a thousand times. I think about all the expenses I am going to have to pay on my own. I think about how scary it’s going to be being so far away from my loved ones. And in a matter of time, I just end up thinking to much. 

But you know, God calls us to trust Him. And that’s not something that is always easy to do. You have to be okay with the fact that what you want for yourself may not be what God knows is best for you. Sometimes it’s harder to trust God because our lack of physical connection to Him...which is what makes Him so great and powerful! 

So recently I’ve just been learning that I just have to breathe. I have to trust that God is going to guide me in the right direction and lead me down the correct path. I have to trust that wherever God leads me, He is going to provide. I have to trust God, even if it’s terrifying, and even if it’s hard. 

Here are some songs about trust:
In Christ Alone by Kristian Stanfill
I Give You My Heart by Hillsong Live
Cornerstone by Hillsong Live
Only King Forever by 7eventh Time Down
Trust in Jesus by Third Day
Steady Heart by Steffany Gretzinger
Multipled by Needtobreathe
Strong God by Merideth Andrews
Walk by Faith by Jeremy Camp
You Lead by Jamie Grace
Give Me Faith by Elevation Worship
Through All of It by Colton Dixon
Sovereign by Chris Tomlin
We Won’t be Shaken by Building 429
Let Faith Arise by BridgeCity
Anchor by Bethel Music

Tonight by All Sons & Daughters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

SLIDE1

top navigation

Flickr Images

Follow Us