Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Mission Trip!

This past week, I had the opportunity to go on a mission trip to Ramah/ Pinehill/ Navajo Reservation in New Mexico. If you donated financially or through prayers and are reading this, thank you so much for helping me to have this opportunity!
This was my very first mission trip and I absolutely loved it!
I got to go with an amazing group of people. We shared so many laughs and prayers and great devotionals and a heart for Jesus! It was an amazing experience!

We flew to Albuquerque on Wednesday, and drove to Pinehill that night. We stopped at Pizza Hut for dinner and saw a couple of deer on the way there. It involved lots of long, twisty roads. We arrived at the staff houses and got settled and some sleep for the next day.

Thursday we helped get ready for their annual rodeo. We organized, cleaned, hung things up, painted, put up tents, moved chairs and tables, all kinds of exciting stuff! We also went to visit Pinehill High school, where we donated a lot of art supplies and got to meet some of the teachers and eat lunch with some of the students.

Friday was the first day of the rodeo/ carnival. The youth band played at the Gospel Fest where we got to worship with some amazing people! On Friday, I tried my first ever Navajo taco and some really really really amazing potato fries (carnival food is the bomb). On Friday night, we watched the bull riding and roping, which was really cool!  There was also a Miss Ramah Navajo pageant which I really enjoyed watching!

Saturday morning, we got to be a part of the annual parade, where we played worship music on the float for hundreds of people to see! It was AWESOME! Although, my throat hurt afterwards, it was totally worth it! We also had a booth set up at the carnival where kids and parents could come and play a dart game for free, and register for some awesome prizes we were going to give out. That night, I got to watch some traditional dancing which was pretty neat.

Throughout the weekend, I got toe meet a lot of cool people, pray with a lot of cool people, and serve with a lot of cool people.

Sunday morning before we left for the airport, we did a church service open to anyone. We worshipped and then whoever wanted to come up and speak got the chance. We discussed what love does, some shared testimonies, and some people from the reservation even came up and talked. It was definitely one of my favorite things that we did.

We left with lots of hugs, some tears, and a lot of new friends. This was one of the best experiences of my life. All I have to say is, if you haven't been on a mission trip? Do it.

God Bless!

Carlie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

SLIDE1

top navigation

Flickr Images

Follow Us