Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Rehearsal Blog Day 1

Okay, so I know I haven't posted in a couple of weeks, but I am no longer dry of blog ideas.
This week and next week I will be preparing for a musical that I am a part of, The Pirates of Penzance. With the show being next weekend, I'm not sure how much time I will have to share with you guys, but I'm going to try.

These next couple of blogs probably won't be like my normal posts, but you gotta change up some stuff every know and then!

So these next couple of weeks, I will be sharing with you what my daily schedule looks like during Tech Week, Dress Rehearsal Week, and Show Week. I will also be sharing my thought processes throughout the day, which could get pretty interesting. So stay tuned.

And here comes the first one.


Wednesday, April 8
Last night, I went straight from school to math tutoring for an hour. Following that, I went to Subway to pick up some dinner for myself, and then I headed straight to rehearsal. Upon arriving, I was kindly bombarded by a group of 60-something Jesus loving theater kids. (That gets fun :)
Last night's rehearsal was for us to try and get through the whole show...which didn't exactly happen, but that's not the point.

My character, Isabel, enters the show at page 30. So from page 1-25, I scarfed down my sub, and quickly finished my biology homework. Then as soon as I hit the stage, I never got off until rehearsal ended.

Meanwhile....

During the first song, I skipped up on stage just like I'm supposed to. I took my place for the dance. And then I stood there with a huge blank look on my face, because I could not for the life of me remember a single move in the dance. *Brain Fart*
When I finally snapped back in, I pranced around with a cheesy smile on my face (because that's my character).

When my first solo came, I walked up to the microphone, because I totally forgot I had a face mic on. *Heaves a sigh*

And then I had to learn how to stage kiss my "dad" on the cheek. Which they then made us redo 5 times. Everyone got a huge laugh out of that!

It's not that rehearsals are terrible. And it's not like our directors work us to death or anything. In fact, they're all pretty awesome. :) It's just that rehearsals are hard work, because putting on a show is hard work.

Since I might be mentioning people in the next couple of blogs, I'll give you a little insight on who they are.
Mrs. Shannon- the kind "headmaster". Good at giving you advice on how to be a better actor.
Mr. Nick- helps teach a plethora of things.
Mrs. Lillian- the super sweet dance director.
Mrs. Sarah- helps teach voice. Very kind, and reserved (in a good way:)
Mrs. Amy-Oh my. Voice teacher. Hilarious. Energetic. Can be very serious, but only when she realllly needs to be. She just cracks me up.
Chloe, Grace, Dalyn, Katie, Zoe, Beckah- just a few of my amazing friends. (please don't be offended if I did not put your name, just don't want to make this too long:)
Faith-My little Junior buddy. So sweet, talks a lot, and says the cutest things!
Elijah, Michael, Zack- some of my "dude friend actors. :P

So that was Rehearsal Blog Day 1.
Stay tuned. Because trust me, things are about to get interesting.
Pics to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

SLIDE1

top navigation

Flickr Images

Follow Us