Monday, March 9, 2015

Who's Driving?

So I'm going to get my license on Thursday and I'm really excited, right? I had my final driving lesson yesterday, and I'm ready to go. 
But then yesterday, my friend looks at me and goes, "What if you don't pass?"
Then I got to thinking how our lives are so much like driving. 
To me, driving is stressful. There's cars going in every direction, people around you being careless and stupid, etc. So here is what I'm thinking. 
We all have destinations in driving, and in life, and we all have to take certain roads to get there. 
The red lights are God telling us be patient. You will get to the right place eventually. 
The yellow lights are God telling us to wait for His perfect timing.
The green lights are Him telling us to go for it!
The stop signs are Him saying, "Wait just a sec and listen to what I have to say!"
The people honking behind you are the people trying to discourage you and drag you down. 
The people in your car are the people you love, the people that are there for you to encourage you in your faith. 
The rain is the little things in life that make your vision blurry, but God is the windshield wipers, ready to make things clear again. 
The ice is what tries to slide you off the road, but the ditch is God saying, "Here, let me catch you."
The sleet is going to give you scars and bruises, but the safety of God's wing says, "Here, let me give you shelter."
The AC is God saying, "Let me comfort you."
The pedal is saying to follow your dreams, but the brake says, "Don't forget to slow down and enjoy every step."
The emergency break is there to help you not slide backwards, but sometimes that doesn't always work. But God is the curb that catches you. 
The flashing yellow arrow is God saying, "What is your intuition telling you?"
That voice on your GPS is like the devil, and you just want to yell, "Shut up!"
The car war wash is God there, ready to wipe off your hurt, blood, and failures. The garage door that opens after the drying is God saying, "Go back out there, son, and when you come back I will still be here."
The person on the road begging for money is 'the least of these.' "For however you treat the least of these is how you have treated me."
Pretty elaborate, I know. But it's the little things. 
Of course, when God is driving your life, it can't get any better than that. But I sure am excited to drive my own car. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

SLIDE1

top navigation

Flickr Images

Follow Us