Friday, November 20, 2015

"I Will Trust You"

Speaker: Marla Crisman

When we get stuff on sale, we get more than what we paid for. Right?
Well we need to stop giving God less than what He paid for. We can do this by being faithful to God.

How do we live a life of faithfulness? Trust God.
But who keeps us from trusting God? Ourselves. 

If we look at our lives, we can all pinpoint a few things that aren’t going quite right, and those are the areas where we are not trusting God. 
Trusting God is quite simple, but it isn’t always easy. 

We have no reason to trust God, because He is always faithful! 
God’s power is much bigger and better than our own! We will never be perfectly faithful, but God always is. 
And even when we aren’t faithful, God always provides. 
When we don't trust God, are we telling Him that He is not worthy of our trust? 

So how exactly do we trust God?
  1. Seek Him
    1. In order to seek God, we must be in His Word, and we must live up to what we know and learn from it
  2. When you fail, repent
    1. Do not just repent with your words. You must truly change your actions in order to completely repent from your wrongdoings. 
  3. Put your love, energy, passion, and care into your relationship with God
    1. If you do not, your relationship with God will not nurture and it will not grow, and neither will any other relationship. 
  4. Focus
    1. When we are solely focused on God, we can better trust Him. 

Trusting God can be really scary, because it means letting go of the control-something that we love to have. We must look at our lives and ask, “Where am I not trusting God?”

Here are some great songs about Trust:

  1. Steady Heart by Steffany Gretzinger
    1. I can’t see what’s in front of me, still I will trust you
  2. Trust in You by Lauren Daigle
    1. When you don’t move the mountains I’m needing you to move, When you don’t part the water I wish I could walk through, When you don’t give the answers as I cry out to you, I will trust in you
  3. Loyal by Lauren Daigle
    1. Your love is loyal
  4. Once and for All by Lauren Daigle
    1. Be lifted high as my kingdom falls, once and for all
  5. I surrender by Hillsong
    1. Lord have your way in me
  6. Anchor by Hillsong
    1. The anchor for my soul, Father, you will never change
  7. It is well by bethel
    1. So let go my soul and trust in Him
  8. Tonight by All Sons and Daughters
    1. Through your strength, all my fears will fade away, as you lead me in your ways, I will trust in you
  9. Sovereign by Chris Tomlin
    1. In your everlasting arms, all the pieces of my life, from beginning to the end, I will trust you
  10. Through all of It by Colton Dixon
    1. I have won, I have lost, i’ve got it right sometimes but sometimes I did not. life’s been a journey, I’ve seen joy, I’ve seen regret, and you have been my God through all of it. 
  11. Give me faith by Elevation Worship
    1. Give me faith to trust what you say
  12. Oceans by Hillsong
    1. Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
  13. Trust in jesus by Third day
    1. I’ll trust in Jesus, my great deliverer
  14. Christ alone by Phillips Craig and Dean
    1. In christ alone, I place my trust, and find my glory in the power of the cross\

We can trust God with everything! Our lives, our futures, our hearts, and everything else. He will never fail us. He is always faithful. Therefore, we must trust Him with every inch of our being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

SLIDE1

top navigation

Flickr Images

Follow Us