Wednesday, January 27, 2016

It's a Good Life

I finished up my sociology 2 test this morning, checked my email, tried to do anything to pass the time..
And then this random thought popped into my head. 
It’s a good life. 

Seriously though, it really is. 

In the past 6 days alone, I’ve
*Watched a movie with some of my best friends
*Pigged out on Dairy Queen with my family before picking mom up at the airport
*Taught my preschoolers
*Had a great meeting with my fellow musicians at church
*Finally figured out how to balance my chemical equations in Chemistry
*Aced a pre calculus quiz where I had no idea what in the world I was doing
*Gone to Shrek rehearsal
*Worshipped Jesus with thousands of other followers
And so much more.

Guys, it really is a good life. 
And it’s not because of these small little worldly get togethers and victories. 
It’s because God has placed me here in this moment. 
He’s placed me here with amazing, loving friends and family. 
He’s placed me here to impact other’s lives. 
He’s placed me here to use my talents to glorify Him. 
He’s placed me here and given me all the knowledge I need to succeed, scholarly and biblically. 
He has placed me here. He knows me. And He loves me. 
And that is why it’s a good life. 

Sure, not everything about it is good. At least, not in the moment. 
Actually, sometimes things really suck!
People get on your nerves or they hurt you. 
You get discouraged after spending hours studying and bombing a test. 
You become overwhelmed and stressed out by your busy schedule. 

There’s so many little things about life that are really….well, nasty. 
But it’s those small little gross things about life that make you enjoy and appreciate the small, good things so much more. 

In the midst of the chaos this morning, no matter what you are doing, sit back….and think about how blessed you are. 
Think about how good your life is. 
Thank God for all the little blessings He has placed in your life. 
Thank Him for the wonderful people he has placed in your journey, despite what they have done to you. 
Thank Him for all the bad things He has brought your way, and thank Him for using those things to show you the bigger picture. 
Thank Him, ya’ll. 

Cause it’s a real good life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

SLIDE1

top navigation

Flickr Images

Follow Us