Friday, January 1, 2016

2-0-1-6

So pretty much everyone makes a New Year's Resolution, right?
But how many of us actually end up doing them? (Cause I know I don't)

I started making New Year's Resolutions in 3rd grade, and they've always been like super specific.
Like last year, I'm pretty sure they were like "Read Bible for 15 minutes every day" and "Exercise five times per week".

But I've come to realize that the more specific I make my resolutions, the less likely I am to live up to them. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I've decided to do it a little bit differently this year. So here it goes,

My 2016 Resolutions:

1. Practice piano more frequently. If I'm being honest, I practice about 4 days out of the week, but I only end up practicing for 10-15 minutes, on a good day. Being a perfectionist, I do this thing where- after 10 minutes- I end up getting so frustrated that I'm just done. So I gotta work on that :)

2. Take more pictures. Capture more memories.

3. Read more. I've started this resolution early. I am in the process of reading
Rise by Trip Lee,
Jesus Swagger by Jarrid Wilson,
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey,
Everything Counts by Steven Case,
and Love Does by Bob Goff (for the 400,000th time)
ALL OF THESE BOOKS ARE AMAZING.  I RECOMMEND THEM TO YOU. (Love Does for teens and adults, and all the others I would recommend to teens). THEY ARE AMAZING.

4. Run a half marathon again.

5. Drink less caffeine. There's no way in the world I can go without my coffee every morning before school, but I can stop with the excessive chocolate and Dr. Pepper. (hopefully)

6. Keep my room and car cleaner. This resolution is born from my mom's constant nagging. And maybe she's kind of right. Sometimes. (love you mom)

7. Fast from my phone more often. Maybe make it a monthly thing? I've always had great results from fasting, but I just need to figure out a schedule. Maybe the first week of every month? I don't know, I'll figure it out.

8. GET A JOB. I LITERALLY have applied to at least 7 places in the last month or two, and NOT ONE has been interested. I have a list of about 20 places that I am going to apply to in the next couple of weeks so I pray to the Lord above that AT LEAST ONE OF THEM will hire me.

9. Do more blogging. (you can obviously see I'm starting that resolution right now)

10. Get better at guitar. I'm always so focused on my schoolwork, choir stuff, and piano that I tend to forget about my guitar. So my goal this year is to improve and spend more time playing it.

So people, those are my 2016 resolutions. And it will be very interesting when this pops up on my timehope on January 1, 2017 [Graduating year, man that's really weird to think about], and see how many of these I have accomplished. Hopefully all of them.

I hope and pray that all your 2016s are spectacular
With love,
Carlie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

SLIDE1

top navigation

Flickr Images

Follow Us