Saturday, December 19, 2015

My One Question For You

Alright, people. 
So yesterday, I was drying my hair and thinking about this conversation that my friend Erica and I have been having recently. And while doing so, a thought bubble exploded in my head. So here is the one question I have for you.

If you knew Jesus was coming back tomorrow, how would you live differently today?

I know, right? As soon as I thought it, I was like….ouch….that one stung. 
I’ve just never thought about it that way before. But it makes a whole lot of sense. 

Most of us would probably answer yes to this question. If we knew that Jesus was coming back tomorrow, we would probably be running around telling people how much we love them, fulfilling things on our bucket lists, and then sharing Jesus Christ with every person we see. 

But here’s the thing…
We don’t know when Jesus is coming back!!

He could come back in one year. 
He could come back in 5,000 years.
HE COULD COME BACK TOMORROW. YES, TOMORROW. 

And because we don’t know, shouldn’t we be living every day like it is our last?? Shouldn’t we be sharing Christ as if eternity started tomorrow?? Because it could.

I don’t remember who it was, but someone once said in a sermon, “Every single person you lay your eyes on spends eternity somewhere.” 
Every. Single. Person. 
And when we go through our everyday lives, we don’t really think about that. At least I don’t. 


If you knew Jesus was coming back tomorrow, how would you live differently today?
Would you forgive the person you have been holding a grudge against?
Would you say “I love you” or “I appreciate you” more?
Would you work harder than you normally do?
Would you quit an addiction?
Would you go out of your way to help someone?
Would you be more respectful and understanding?
Would you smile more?
Would you evangelize more?
Would you stop stressing over the things that have no eternal significance?
Would you stop worshipping other gods?

Like I said earlier, we should be doing these things every day!! Because WE DON’T KNOW when Jesus Christ is coming back! WE DON’T KNOW when our lives or others lives are going to end!!
We need to be striving to live every day like Jesus Christ, and we also need to be striving to live every day as if Jesus Christ is coming back tomorrow! 
Yes, I’m going to mess up at this. Yes, you’re going to mess up at this. But that’s what “striving” is - putting towards great effort to achieve or obtain something, in spite of our faults. 

I know it’s a difficult, trivial thing to think about. But I really think it’s worth the thought. 

If you knew Jesus Christ was coming back tomorrow, how would you live differently today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

SLIDE1

top navigation

Flickr Images

Follow Us