Thursday, February 19, 2015

New

So today is January 6. Meaning that five days ago was January 1. Meaning that it is now the new year. Now, I don’t know why, but New Year’s eve/day always brings me lots of anxiety and worry and stress.
Blah. 
So in the midst of all this craziness, I was beginning to play an overview of what the year might look like in my head. And then I got really freaked out. Why? Because this year is going to be a busy year for me. I will get my own car, I will get a license, I will have my first job, I will probably have to come up with a pretty clear idea of where I want to go to college, I will become more independent and have more leeway with the rules I am given. Some of my friends will soon be headed off to college, I’m suddenly going to be responsible for things I wasn’t responsible for before! This year is going to be a huge factor in me taking a step towards the future and I’m scared out of my pants. (don’t worry, that’s just a figure of speech. I still have my pants on.) 
All of a sudden, I’m going to have to make choices for myself, I am going to have to make the decisions, and I am going to have to mature to be able to meet certain standards. I mean seriously, I’m going to have to make my own appointments! That’s some hard stuff, man! 
And honestly, I don’t like the thought of it at all. I want to go back to the days when I was three and walking around in diapers and learning the alphabet. Those were the days. 
I have been trying to call myself down lately, but I’m not quite there yet. I just need to relax, and take it day by day. I need to remember that the plan for my life is Already paved. and that nothing can get in the way of it. With Jesus always by my side, I have nothing to worry about. I need to enjoy the here and now, because in the blink of an eye, it won’t be here and now anymore. 
So just take a deep breath, and let Him help you through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

SLIDE1

top navigation

Flickr Images

Follow Us