Thursday, February 19, 2015

SPEAK LIFE

This morning, I was welcoming people in the church doorway when in walks a little boy, probably four, with his mom.
I tend to think all little children are adorable, so I said to his mom,
“He is soo cute!”
The mom grabbed the little boy’s arm, turned him around to look at me, then made me repeat what I had just said. And I did.
The little boy looked so sad, which I hadn’t originally noticed.
The little boy looked at me, unbelievingly, and gave a slight nod of thanks.
Then the mom looked at me and said, “the kids in his Sunday school class today told him that he had an ugly face.”
Boom. That was the sound of the bullet in my heart.
I started to think about how this little boy would probably never forget those words.
I can definitely think of things people have said to me that are still super-glued in my head.
Now I know we are talking about small children here, but let’s say we aren’t.
Church is supposed to be a place where people feel welcomed, encouraged, accepted, and changed for the better. But in order to do that, we must speak life into people.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Our challenge as the body of Christ: speak life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

SLIDE1

top navigation

Flickr Images

Follow Us